Is Spanish Easy to Learn?
Believe it or not. If English is your first language, then you are in luck. Compared to French and German, Spanish is considered to be one of the easiest languages to learn.
In 2013, Stevens wrote that the US Foreign Services Institute (FSI) ranked languages based on the time required to obtain a level of proficiency.
The languages that are considered to be relatively easy to learn are:
- Haitian Creole
Spanish is a language that brings people together. It’s a language in itself that ties you in with the culture. By speaking Spanish, you will join a world of 477 million native speakers from Central to South America.
Imagine traveling to any of the countries within Central or South America and being able to speak fluent Spanish to the people living in any of those countries.
The United States has the second most native Spanish speakers living within the country besides Mexico. If you live in a big city like Los Angeles, New York, or Florida, then you have a better chance of gaining the most by studying Spanish.
According to the research, Spanish is considered to be one of the easiest languages for a Native English speaker to learn. Some of the similarities that both English and Spanish have in common involve cognates – words that look and mean the same as a word you already know.
For example, read the following sentence in Spanish which is made up of Spanish-English cognates: Los animales formaron un grupo. The cognates for “animals” and “group” are nearly the same. If you look at the word “formaron,” you may notice that it looks a lot like the Latin word “formare”. When all of the words are combined, they make the sentence: The animals formed a group.
Spanish is not only an easy language to learn, but it also falls in the family of Romance languages like French, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian.
With Esperanza Española, you can learn Spanish from the comfort of your own home. No need to go to class, hire a tutor, or invest in any expensive software. For an affordable one time payment, you have access to Dr. Morton who will motivate you to begin speaking Spanish as soon as you start.
We improve our courses on a regular basis, so our purpose is to help you grow and improve as you learn. Additionally, if you own a mobile device that is an iPhone, Android, or Windows 8 you have the key to speaking Spanish is within the palm of your hand.
By knowing Spanish, it will open doors for you to endless possibilities:
- The business – side of being bilingual comes with great benefits no just for your resumé, but for your career as well. As the third most spoken language in the world, it can be a huge advantage to help you do business in Spain, Mexico, or Latin America. South America is a market that is rapidly growing and will be harder to access if you do not understand Spanish. In the United States, many people find Spanish useful when interacting with patients, customers, co-workers, and employees.
- Traveling – Seeing that Mexico is our closest neighboring country on the southern border of the US, it has more to offer than an exquisite vacation. The same lies true for Central and South America where tourists go to travel in different vacation zones. However, by knowing Spanish, you can easily wander off to other various locations where regular tourists have yet to discover.
- Living Abroad – When you have the ability to speak Spanish, you can stay longer in any Central or South American country that you like. Interested in studying abroad? Various countries like Mexico, Panama, Peru, and Costa Rica offer students and professionals the ability to seek some adventures from working life abroad.
- Cognitive Function – Whether you decide to study Spanish as a hobby or for fun, it can benefit your brain in the long run. Knowing another language can be beneficial to your neuron development even in old age. The better your neurons can become interconnected leads to better memory and problem-solving skills.
How can you learn Spanish with technology?
Modern technology has made knowledge easily accessible. As easily accessible through your hand-held device, Esperanza Española has courses that are easily accessible through your smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can easily take the beginner’s course (Spanish 1) and work your way up to the more advanced levels (Spanish 2-4) at your pace. You will gain access to Spanish courses on some of the most common Spanish questions to the more advanced skill levels suited to you and your comfort level. Every course can be easily downloaded to any of your handheld devices.
Learn Spanish to Build Your Resumé
Do you have a LinkedIn profile? Probably so.
How often have you taken the time to update your profile? How often do you take the time to consider other career possibilities?
Did you know that you have the ability to update the language on your profile with the push of a button? On your profile, you have the ability to add languages. You can add a language, evaluate your level of proficiency, inserting elementary proficiency to professional working proficiency, to a native or a bilingual level of proficiency at the click of a button. More than likely you can add to this by just learning a new language.
There’s something about learning one of the romance languages like Spanish. By engaging in a second language, there is proof that you want to learn how to communicate better with the world. You are living proof that you have an open mind to learn new things and see things from different perspectives. Additionally, if you are living within any predominantly English speaking country like the US or UK, you will have a better chance of speaking with someone from a Latin American just by studying their language.
Wouldn’t it be fantastic to share your second language speaking ability on your LinkedIn profile? By just adding Spanish to your CV will not only open doors to your future, but it will also show potential employers your willingness to learn. In addition, you show the world that you are confident enough to take on new challenges. Take on the challenge and explore a new language today at Esperanza Española.
Learn More Spanish Today
Learning Spanish is a great way to supplement your income through your second language skills.
If you want to learn how to make more money and meet more people, I have worked hard to create a guide to help you learn more Spanish today:
The Best Way to Learn Spanish Fast
In it, I have included my best strategies to:
- Create strategies so you always have a consistent source of motivation.
- Start a vocabulary list and grow your vocabulary exponentially.
- Increase your vocabulary with thousands of words through various practices.
Are you using the right ways to learn, grow, and practice Spanish fast?
What goals are you implementing and what goals should you have in place to grow your Spanish vocabulary?
In this article, we outline what you need to be able to learn Spanish Fast.
- Best Spanish Questions You Have to Know
- How to Start a Spanish Conversation
- Where to learn Spanish near me? According to cost.
Stevens, P. B. (2006). Is Spanish really so easy? Is Arabic really so hard?: Perceived difficulty in learning Arabic as a second language. Handbook for Arabic language teaching professionals in the 21st century, 35-63.